Hello stampers! Are you guys ready for July 4th?:) I know most of you are pretty much done preparing for the party celebration. I have a celebrate card to share, pretty easy to make.^_^
Now, let’s jump onto the process of this card.♥
- I started with a white card base (I know right? where’s my kraft?lol). I stamped my “fireworks” and stars using, guess what?:) Little One stamp set. cute!^_^ Blue and red inks and you’re done!
- But I wanted my card to have a softer look. And I was going back and forth whether to add it or not, you can’t probably tell from the photo, but I ended up adding a vellum.
- I barely use vellum in my projects, I found it challenging to stamp (unless I embossed on it, then it’s ok with me.^_^). But whatever, I’ll give it another try anyway. So……
- I added a clear glue on every edges of the cardbase, and put my vellum on top of it.
- After cutting the excess vellum around, I distressed the edges using the broken china distress ink by ranger.
- And here comes my favorite part , stamping on vellum! (yeah right?lol)
- Using the same distress ink, I grabbed my borders from Christmas and Positive Thoughts stamp sets. Carefully I stamped each one of them. Wheew!
- I then stamped my sentiment “celebrate” from the Birthday stamp set. I added a piece of scrap paper at the bottom for some interest.
- I stamped more stars as well randomly on the vellum. Now you can see the difference between the softer and the sharper stars.
- Lastly, I thought it would be fun to add some staples around, so that’s what I did!♥
- Hooray! I did it! I call it done!^_^
Have a happy holiday! Thanks for joining me today. Don’t forget, Join us on Friday July 5,2013 for our new stamp release + giveaway!
Enjoy the day!