Get ready to get totally inky! I’m back for my second post as Guest Designer for Precious Remembrance Shop’s new release of the Happy Art Stamp Set…and the gift tag I made using these super artsy stamps…WOWSERS!!
The stamp set, in case you’ve missed it:
My gift tag!
What a way to give a gift! And it really was easy to make… thanks to that magical technique called “resist” 🙂 To make this tag:
- Pick several colors of inks/stains/sprays and cover a tag with them. I used Distress Stains in Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Festive Berries, Peeled Paint, and Ripe Persimmon.
- Make sure your tag is totally dry…no really, TOTALLY dry for this next step.
- Stamp your design using clear Versamark ink and heat emboss with detail/superfine clear embossing powder. You’ll have to tilt the tag in the light to see the shiny areas so you know you like the design.
- Next comes the magic…take an ink blending tool or sponge dauber and cover the entire tag with black ink…seriously lol 🙂 I used Black Soot Distress Ink. The embossed areas will resist the ink leaving these super amazing stamped images!
- Carefully clean off the embossed areas with a baby wipe for super bright colors.
- Stamp and heat emboss “yay!” on vellum with gold embossing powder and fussy cut. Adhere to tag.
Amazeballs right?! Totally worth getting my hands covered in ink!